Day 1 – 3
Leroo La Tau, Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, Botswana
A superb site on the banks of the Boteti River, opposite the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park. One of Botswana’s most diverse national parks, it offers sanctuary to the second largest zebra migration in the world during the dry season when the water dries up in the salt pans.
Leroo La Tau which translates as “lion’s paw” in Setswana, is a magnifient location. All 12 of its luxurious thatched and glass fronted suites are raised on wooden platforms on the high banks of the Boteti River and all have a 270 degree panoramic views of the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park. The dining area, lounge, cocktail bar and a first floor wildlife reference library, are all tucked under the eaves of the thatch and timber main building. There is an evening campfire boma and a covered viewing hide, both overlooking the banks of the Boteti River.
Leroo La Tau offers the following activities:
- Day and night game drives via open Land Cruisers to explore this unique wilderness
- Depending on the water level of the Boteti River, boat activities can also be provided
- Optional cultural excursions can be arranged to Khumaga Village
- Guided nature walks in the area surrounding the lodge
Day 3 – 5
Camp Okavango or Xugana Island Lodge, Okavango Delta, Botswana
Both these remote lodges are in the heart of the Okavango Delta. Botswana’s magnificent Okavango Delta is a maze of lagoons, lakes and hidden channels which attract wildlife that depend on the permanent waters of this unique wilderness.
Camp Okavango is situated on the remote Nxaraga Island, hidden amongst the beautiful ancient Mangosteen trees, in the heart of the permanent Okavango Delta. Camp Okavango has 12 luxury East-African style safari tents with sliding glass doors on raised platforms, accommodating just 24 people.
Xugana Island Lodge is on the enchanting Xugana Lagoon, the most spectacular permanent water site in the entire Okavango Delta. Xugana Island Lodge is on a private concession and takes full advantage of this magnificent site. This intimate lodge accommodates 16 people in 8 luxurious thatch, lagoon facing, chalets with sliding doors and private viewing decks on the shaded fringe of the island.
Camp Okavango and Xugana Island Lodge offer the following activities:
- Guided nature walks conducted by experienced professional guides
- Mokoro (canoe) & motorised boating trips through a variety of tranquil waterways to explore the Okavango
- Exceptional bird watching opportunities
- Fishing for bream and tiger fish (seasonal)
Day 5 – 7
Camp Moremi or Camp Xakanaxa, Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
At the point where the life-giving waters of the Okavango Delta meet the vast plains of the Kalahari Desert, Mother Nature has created a sanctuary of Mopane forests, open grasslands, seasonal floodplains and riverine habitats, resulting in one of the most magnificent and welcoming animal environments in all of Africa.
Peeking out beneath giant ebony trees, Camp Moremi brings true meaning to the word safari in the Xakanaxa area of the Moremi Game Reserve. 12 Luxurious East-African style safari tents, raised on teak platforms, accommodate just 24 people.
Camp Xakanaxa is a small and personal safari camp and one of the Okavango favourites due to its superb location, fantastic game viewing, friendly service and authentic safari style. This intimate safari camp has only 12 safari tents, accommodating 24 people.
Camp Moremi and Camp Xakanaxa offer the following activities:
- Activities are centred around tracking big game on morning and afternoon game drives by open 4×4 safari vehicle in the Moremi Game Reserve
- Exploring the Xakanaxa Lagoon and surrounding Okavango channels by motorboat
- A short mokoro (canoe) ride is done in conjunction with a powerboat exploration – possible at Camp Xakanaxa only
Day 7 – 9
Savute Safari Lodge, Chobe National Park, Botswana
Savute Safari Lodge is situated on the banks of Botswana’s fabled “Stolen River”, the Savute Channel. Stretching from the waterways of the Linyanti all the way to the Savute Marsh, the winding waterways of the Savute Channel have pumped life into the western section of the Chobe National Park for many thousands of generations. This fickle and unpredictable channel has a fascinating history of flooding and drying up independently of good rainy seasons and flood levels elsewhere – a mystery that has intrigued geologists and researchers for many years.
Savute Safari Lodge consists of 12 luxury thatch and timber chalets raised on expansive private decks, accommodating a maximum of 24 people. The area is renowned for its population of bull elephant and for the unique interaction of the resident predator species. Savute Safari Lodge boasts a viewing deck, swimming pool, sundeck and an al fresco dining area all overlooking the waterhole, ideal for watching game.
Savute Safari Lodge offers the following activities:
- Activities are centred around game drives throughout the Savute area in open 4×4 safari vehicles
- Families can also enjoy a visit to the ancient San rock paintings at Gubatsa Hills, a small hilly outcrop which forms a remarkable landmark in the otherwise flat landscape
Day 9 – 11
Chobe Savanna Lodge, Caprivi Strip, Namibia
Chobe Savanna Lodge, situated in the Eastern Caprivi of Namibia is on a peninsula on the northern bank of the Chobe River. It overlooks the vast floodplains of the Chobe National Park’s Puku Flats and offers a Namibian hideaway for families looking for an exclusive Chobe River experience in an area renowned for its diverse and prolific wildlife.
Chobe Savanna Lodge is set in a classic African savannah environment with stunning, sweeping vistas surrounding the lodge. There are 13 chalets consisting of 10 twin bedded rooms (doubles on request), 2 family units and 1 family room. The lodge can accommodate a maximum of 26 guests. The thatched chalets all have private verandas on the banks of the Chobe River, all boasting 270 degree panoramic views of the Chobe National Park.
Chobe Savanna Lodge offers the following activities:
As the lodge is water-based, families have a choice of aquatic activities. River excursions in small, easily manoeuvrable boats are ideal for close encounters with abundant wildlife along the river.
- Safari cruises along the Chobe River
- Catch-and-release fishing trips for bream or tiger fish
- Guided cultural village visits to one of the surrounding communities and school
- Bird watching and photographic safaris are ideal from Chobe Savanna Lodge
- Guided nature walks along the floodplain (seasonal)
Daily Activity Schedule
May vary slightly from camp to camp
Winter (April – September)
- 05h30 – Early morning wakeup call
- 06h00 – Light continental breakfast is served in the boma
- 06h30 – Leave for morning activity (approximately 3-4 hours)
- 11h30 – Brunch is served in the boma
- 15h00 – Afternoon tea is served in the boma
- 15h30 – Depart for afternoon activity (approximately 3 hours)
- 18h30 – Arrive back at lodge
- 19h30 – Dinner is served in the dining area
Summer (October – March)
- 05h00 – Early morning wakeup call
- 05h30 – Light continental breakfast is served in the boma
- 06h00 – Leave for morning activity (approximately 3-4 hours)
- 11h00 – Brunch is served in the boma
- 15h30 – Afternoon tea is served in the boma
- 16h00 – Depart for afternoon activity (approximately 3 hours)
- 19h00 – Arrive back at lodge
- 20h00 – Dinner is served in the dining area
- 10 nights’ accommodation
- (2 nights Leroo La Tau, 2 nights Camp Okavango or Xugana Island Lodge, 2 nights Camp Moremi or Camp Xakanaxa, 2 nights Savute Safari Lodge and 2 nights Chobe Savanna Lodge)
- All meals, soft drinks and local brand beverages
- Scheduled activities
- National Park entrance fees
- Charter flights & domestic airport departure taxes
- Safari Pack for each child
- Laundry services
- Medical and Emergency evacuation insurance
- Private activity surcharge (Mandatory for families with children under 12 years old)
- Chobe Game Lodge Upgrade for Chobe Savanna Lodge nights
- Meals other than specified
- Premium brand drinks
- Sightseeing and activities other than specified
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- International flights & airport taxes